This satisfying coverlet is fairly quick and easy to weave, as far as sheepskin-backed coverlets go. Purchase this warp all ready to beam onto your loom at home. No need to worry about the math, simply choose your colors and let us do the rest.
Coverlet to go - warp length options
|3 meter warp chain + 1 weft pack||225.00|
|6 meter warp chain + 2 weft packs||365.00|
How to choose your colors:
- Find our Brage wool and 16/1 linen colors via the Related Items below. Each yarn page has its own Yarn Mini-Playground to help you explore.
- Use this handy PDF chart to keep track of your color names and numbers.
- Email your color choices to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time you place your order.
The enkel ("single" or "simple") skillbragd uses a "single harness" of 6 shafts rather than the "double harness" (2 sets of shafts) that skillbragd (or smålandsväv) uses. One way to think of this structure is as a kind of 3-block monksbelt.
- Structure: Enkel skillbragd (requires 6 shafts and 5 treadles)
- Warp: 16/2 linen
- Pattern weft: Brage wool
- Plain weave weft: 16/1 linen
- Reed: 70 (metric)
- Warp width: 105 cm
- Weave length: 160 cm for coverlet
(Choose your own colors for weft yarns)
- Warp chain - 16/2 linen, unbleached - choose your length
- Weft pack - 4 skeins Brage wool pattern weft + 2 tubes 16/1 linen for plain weave
- Vävstuga project sheet
- Enkel skillbragd design sheet
Let us know if you want to back your coverlet with a sheepskin!
This warp is wound with 4 ends in hand ready for beaming, as described in our "Flippy"
book. Having 4 ends together on the lease sticks makes the threading more foolproof.